Manager / Deputy General Manager, Corporate Quality Assurance/General
Job no: 493879
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Categories: Corp SQA & Security
- Ensure the operations are conducted in compliance with HKCAD AOC and IOSA requirements, other regulations, applicable standards and industry best practices by conducting audits, inspections and monitoring activities and report deficiencies, safety / security hazards, non-compliances with laws, regulations, applicable standards and company expectation. This also includes:
- Establishment and implementation of quality management system and quality assurance program across all operational departments having direct operational safety and quality deliverables to meet the requirements of HKCAD.
- Coordination and management of the Quality Assurance (QA) program that provides for auditing, evaluation and review of the HKA management system.
- Ensuring authorities and responsibilities are delegated and assigned for the management and supervision of specific areas of the organization relevant to the flight operations management system.
- Develop and execute the operational yearly audit plan.
- Promote personnel awareness on QMS in all levels of the organization and, if required, external service providers.
- Monitor compliance with, and the adequacy of, procedures required to ensure safety operational practices.
- Utilize process mapping and other QMS methodologies to enhance existing operational processes, procedures and practices aiming for continuous improvement of the organization and inter-related business activities.
- Responsible for the performance of the quality assurance program, communication and coordination with operational managers in the management of operational risk and escalation of significant issues to the DCSD and/or Accountable Executive, providing recommendations on matters relating to QMS and / or associated operational safety or security risks.
- Prepare a comprehensive review of the QMS to be presented to the ‘Quality Manager’ and Accountable Executive (AE) with the status of the organization performance, on a frequency established by the AE to review the continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness in the management and control of operations, assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the system, including, but not limited to, organizational structure, defined safety objectives, reporting lines, authorities, responsibilities, policies, processes and procedures, as well as allocation of resources and identification of training needs.
- Manage the company Aviation Quality Database – AQD audit related Modules ensure standardized use, record keeping, and that findings deriving from audits or inspections are addressed by corrective / preventive actions and monitor effectiveness of actions taken.
- Train, develop, coach and assess auditors’ performance ensuring standardized application of audit methodology and auditing techniques.
- Ensure alignment of the QMS risk management with the SMS, act and manage decisions regarding risk tolerability with respect to compliance, safety and security of aircraft operations in accordance with the SMS framework. Lead the integration of various managements systems into a unified and effective corporate management system.
- Represents the DCSD in QMS related meetings, seminars and conferences, or with regulatory authorities when delegated.
- At least 8 years relevant aviation experience and 3 years in management in a similar role.
- University education in an aviation, or related discipline, or holder of aircraft engineering license or Commercial Pilots License.
- Formal training in Aviation Quality Assurance is essential.
- Experience as a lead auditor is essential.
- Knowledge and experience in auditing against IOSA is an advantage.
- Knowledge of civil aviation regulatory frameworks and QMS principles.
- Practical knowledge and experience with safety and quality databases is an advantage.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend