Senior Engineer, Technical Service (Powerplant)
Job no: 494158
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Categories: Maintenance & Engineering
- Develop and control aircraft powerplant maintenance program to meet the Company’s business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support to powerplant operation, including repair scheme (out of limits in the powerplant MM) and trouble-shooting.
- Evaluate ADs, safety information bulletins, manufacturer service technical documents, and other ICA instructions for in service fleet, and compile compliance documents to maintain powerplant safety and reliability.
- Provide technical support at new or second hand aircraft introduction and lease return projects.
- Provide assigned Engine/APU fleet shop visit forecast for annual maintenance budget preparation.
- Monitor engine health condition and oil consumption trends, investigate the condition monitoring alerts and advisories, and proactively take measures to prevent operation disruption.
- Maintain an effective Engine Maintenance Program for the assigned Engine/APU type shop visits.
- Prepare and review shop visit work scope to ensure cost-effective maintenance.
- Conduct investigation to powerplant related reliability issues and IOR/MOR as appropriate.
- Continuing improvement to the internal process and procedure on powerplant aspects.
- Coach and mentor junior staff, perform other duties or projects assigned by management.
- At least 8 years or above aviation experience, with at least 5 years of large aircraft powerplant systems management, Design Organization background is preferred.
- Degree in Engineering, Avionics, Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License holder is preferred.
- Powerplant training course or equivalent.
- Good command of English. Native English or other languages speakers are welcome. Candidates with proficiency in written and spoken Chinese will be an advantage.
- Proficient computer skills in MS applications.
- Polished interpersonal and communications skills.
- Sound knowledge of Aviation Industry.
- Be familiar with maintenance data, operational manuals.
Hong Kong Airlines is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates who have not been notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend